Special Events Internship
******APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY OPEN FOR THE 2018 WEDDING SEASON. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO FILL OUT THE APPLICATION BELOW. THANK YOU!
Courtenay Lambert Florals & Event Design (CLF) is seeking Special Events Interns for the 2018 Wedding Season. CLF specializes in floral and event design for simply gorgeous and cutting edge weddings and events. Our office is located in Columbia Tusculum in Cincinnati, Ohio near historic Lunken Airport.
So what do you learn as a Special Events Intern? You will learn about and be involved in the following: client interaction, sales pipeline management, contact management software, brand development, social media maximization, event logistics, event mechanics (floral, furniture, drape, etc.), event prep, and how the individual details of an event bring it to life.
Internships at CLF are rich with possibilities. Collectively our interns have helped build CLF into what it is today. Our interns have attended The Knot industry events, venue launches, vendor meetings, event design consultations, NACE events, and have even been special events volunteers at the White House. They are like family, and we are eternally thankful for their help, and remain close even after their internship is complete. Potential opportunities for long term employment for the right person if the stars align. Many of our interns are well prepared and sought after by companies as a result of the exposure to the many hats you wear working for a small business.
What We Expect from Special Events Interns:
· The drive to go above and beyond on tasks
· A self-motivated individual
· Interest in Event Design, Styling, Public Relations, Social Media, and other creative fields
· Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
· Willingness to get hands dirty, clean buckets, help with deliveries, etc.
· Willingness to get dressed up, and make a good impression at industry functions
· Must love dogs, or at least tolerate them....because CLF Mascot/Shop dog George will love you.
What Special Events Interns can Expect from CLF:
· 10-20 hours a week during the 2018 Wedding Season (May-October). Possibly more on large event weeks.
· Flexible hours
· Opportunity to work the day of events as a contract worker for pay
· FOOD! We like to feed our people! And coffee of course.
· Networking opportunities with fellow vendors and venues. Exposure to and contact with potential employers.
· Opportunity to meet with clients, and be on the cutting edge of the wedding industry in Cincinnati and beyond.
· Opportunity to learn from Courtenay in light floral design and consultation work
· Connection with CLF for life! Courtenay actually hates it when interns leave, so if it takes you longer to get out of school, even better.
If you are interested in being a CLF Special Events Intern for the 2018 Wedding Season, please fill out the application below. We are looking forward to getting to know you!