Floral Designer - Part Time
***THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED, BUT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION BELOW FOR CONSIDERATION FOR FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES. THANK YOU!
Courtenay Lambert Florals (CLF) is one of the premier event floral and event design production companies in the greater Cincinnati area, and specializes in floral and event design for gorgeous, luxurious, and cutting-edge weddings and events. Our establishment is located in Columbia Tusculum in Cincinnati, Ohio near historic Lunken Airport.
We are currently looking to add to our growing team of professionals. The focus of this position will be floral design for special events, but there will also be opportunities to gain experience in other areas (i.e. event logistics and event design). This is a great opportunity for a creative person who is looking to work in the ever-changing world of events and gain more hands-on experience in the special events industry.
Job Description: Seeking an experienced Floral Designer to join our team! This person is responsible for assisting the Lead Designers with floral designs, preparing hard goods for events, processing flowers, managing the floral cooler, and some light administrative work.
· Floral design – basic to intermediate level.
· Shop upkeep including: processing flowers, keeping workstations clean and organized, cleaning cooler weekly, keeping hard goods organized and in stock, occasional deep cleaning.
· Assisting in event preparations including: pulling inventory for events, preparing and packing items to leave the shop, checking in inventory numbers upon return, restocking shelves after an event.
· Event delivery & set up on event weekends, as well as event break downs. There may be an opportunity to co-lead on events as a designer, depending on skill set and abilities.
· Light administrative work (as needed). May include helping with event paperwork, delivery & logistics schedules, and client interactions.
· Opportunity to learn advanced floral design (large arrangements, custom installations, etc.).
· An eye for design, and a basic understanding of color theory or a willingness to learn.
· Previous floral design experience preferred. Knowledge of reading design recipes is useful.
· Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time and ability to remain calm under pressure.
· Excellent customer service skills is a must.
· Openness to learn and take direction.
· Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.